Preparing to show your property
Did you know well-placed furniture can open up rooms, making them seem larger than they are? Or that opening drapes and blinds and turning on all lights make a room seem bright and cheery?
It's a fact: acquiring the highest market value and elevating your home above others in the same price range often comes down to buyers' first impressions.
• Keep grass freshly cut.
• Remove all yard clutter.
• Apply fresh paint to wooden fences.
• Paint the front door.
• Weed and apply fresh mulch to garden beds.
• Clean windows inside and out.
• Wash or paint home's exterior.
• Tighten and clean all door handles.
• Ensure gutters and downspouts are firmly attached.
• Remove excessive wall hangings, furniture and knickknacks.
• Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
• Shampoo carpets.
• Clean and organize cabinets and closets.
• Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps.
• Clean all light fixtures.
• Turn on all the lights.
• Open drapes in the daytime.
• Keep pets secured outdoors or remove from property.
• Play quiet background music.
• Light the fireplace (if seasonally appropriate).
• Infuse home with a comforting scent that is seasonally appropriate.
• Vacate the property while it is being shown